“Beauty, Health and Wellness | The Benefits of Celtic Sea Salt!” explores what lies behind the claims of one of nature’s gifts to mankind. Are they justifiable?
Salt is a mineral that is essential to the body. However, salt is also known to be at the root of some health problems such as high blood pressure. And many people have been suffering and have died as a result of these diseases.
Did you know that there’s a difference between natural sea salt and processed table salt? Just as with many other processed foods robbed of their life-giving properties, table salt can be harmful to the body.
But, let’s see why Celtic Sea Salt has made a difference in the lives of those who have discovered it’s true benefits. What do you have to lose by researching these claims? In fact, you may have more to gain than you can imagine.
Celtic Sea Salt | What Are Some Essential Minerals?
Here are some of the essential ones our bodies need:
- Calcium: This mineral is vital for building strong bones and teeth. In addition, it’s important in functions pertaining to our muscles and nerves.
- Chloride: Together with sodium, chloride is a building block that makes up salt.
- Fluoride: We hear about this mineral as it relates to dental health. As such, it’s essential for strengthening tooth enamel and preventing cavities.
- Iodine: Lack of iodine causes irregularities in the thyroid glands. Iodine also helps to regulate metabolism.
- Iron: This very important mineral is responsible for the production of hemoglobin. It carries oxygen in the blood.
- Magnesium: It plays a role in healthy bones, muscle and nerve function.
- Manganese: Here’s another mineral that contributes to healthy bones in addition to cartilage. Furthermore, it’s essential to metabolism and wound healing.
- Phosphorus: Healthy bones and teeth and metabolism are a part of this mineral’s responsibility.
- Potassium: It helps in the regulation of fluids in the body. Also, it’s important for muscle and nerve function.
- Selenium: Free radicals get a fight with this essential mineral in the body. It protects cells from the damage they cause. And, it’s essential for immune function.
- Sodium: This electrolyte helps to regulate blood pressure and fluids in the body.
- Sulfur: Proteins and enzymes benefit from the role this mineral plays in their structure and function. It’s also essential in detoxification.
- Zinc: Finally, this is a vital mineral for wound care, cell growth and division, and immune function.
Why Some People Crave Salt. | It’s a Health Issue.
Salt is an essential nutrient humans generally crave. But, craving salt could indicate there’s a deficiency in the body. Furthermore, this craving is for the minerals it contains and not the salt itself.
Some of these are important for regulating blood pressure, fluids in the body, and transmitting nerve impulses. In other words, insufficiency results in abnormalities.
For example, we lose salt through perspiration when we get hot, exercise, or engage in other activities. This is likely to result in dizziness, fatigue, and muscle cramps. So, it’s important to pay special attention to those signs.
In contrast, too much salt may result in cardiovascular diseases with high blood pressure being a prominent one.
Here are some foods that contain salt. However, high consumption in some cases can lead to health issues.
- Seafood such as shellfish.
- Cured and processed meats are high in sodium.
- Dairy Products such as cheese and milk.
- Vegetables are good sources of sodium. However, pickled and fermented vegetables are higher in sodium.
- Brown rice and quinoa are also natural sources.
More importantly, these foods in their natural form contain other essential nutrients. Therefore, pay attention to what those are.
And, you may want to choose low sodium whenever possible especially if you have high blood pressure or other health issues.
Celtic Sea Salt | The Source Makes the Difference.
Does it matter where the salt we ingest comes from? Absolutely! There are several factors to take into consideration. And we’ll look at those pertaining to sea salt in particular.
Sea salt is formed from the evaporation of seawater. But, which ocean and what part of the ocean should this come from for consumption? It would appear that all seawater is not created equal.
For example, the location, depth, temperature, pollution and climate change will all play a role in the quality of sea salt. It can be depleted of some essential minerals or contain harmful substances.
On the other hand, it could contain pure, high levels of minerals that are beneficial for optimal health.
Celtic Sea Salt is harvested in an environment that preserves its natural minerals. It comes from the region off the coast of Brittany in France. This salt is known for its unique flavor and health benefits.
In other words, it’s believed to promote good health in conjunction with a balanced diet.
Optimal Health | Something to Strive for.
Many people take pride in their possessions such as cars, jewelry, and other valuables. But when it comes to their most important possession, they do not put enough emphasis on taking care of their bodies.
We take our existence for granted. Likewise, we treat our bodies as a dumping ground for our basic basal cravings.
But is that what we are designed to do? The most popular answer is it’s your body so you can do whatever you please. And, that’s true. There’s no question that we have free will to engage in healthy or unhealthy behaviors.
Furthermore, who has the right to tell us how to conduct ourselves? Well, our bodies speak to us in so many ways. And it would be wise to listen more keenly instead of ignoring the evidence.
The minerals in the environment have a huge impact on us. Our bodies and the foods we eat contain many of those same minerals. Is it any surprise that our bodies depend on maintaining certain levels of these minerals for optimal health?
Optimal health is something to strive for as it will determine the outcome of our overall wellbeing.
Summary | Beauty, Health and Wellness
Beauty is defined in various ways and people tend to differ in their explanations. Some authorities have set the standard that allows a selected set of individuals to fit into the mold they have created.
In a broad sense, beauty, health and wellness go hand in hand to achieve stability in our bodies, And, no, I’m not talking about outward beauty as the hallmark of perfection. That certainly isn’t it at all!
It’s a beautiful thing when the body, mind, and spirit function in harmony and experience optimal health. This results in positive outcomes in our very existence.
As we come to realize and accept this reality, we will make changes in our lifestyle to accommodate the demands our bodies make for us to stop and listen. There is something like a GPS to steer us in the right direction when we’re off track.
We could prevent many of the pitfalls we get into by paying more attention. Or simply training our will to be more in compliance with what is best for our overall wellbeing. And that takes discipline.
This Article, “Beauty, Health and Wellness | Benefits of Celtic Sea Salt!” explored the essential minerals and their importance to the human body in particular. I hope you found it beneficial.
(As an Amazon Associate I earn on qualifying purchases.) Please CLICK HERE for more information on Celtic Sea Salt and to make a purchase if you desire.
If you have any questions or comments, please feel free to leave them below. I will be happy to assist you.
Business Owner | The Way 4Word Enterprises